Friday, May 18, 2012

Interpretation

Definition: the way the reader views the meaning and theme of the poem; an opinion

Example: in this poem you can interpret that the speaker has done something terrible to their friend

I wish I could see your faces
when I tell you how sorry I am
the lies that you told me
circle around in my mind
I told you what I was feeling
but you pushed it aside
know all I get is glares
from a once of a friend

Explanation: Interpretation is crucial in poetry because it allows the reader to understand the poem in their own way. it makes poetry better because if the poem has a very vague meaning or theme, the reader can create many interpretations for that one poem. As a result, the reader will be more engaged when finding different interpretations.

No comments:

Post a Comment